Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Good News!

So for those of you who don't know, I have been recently researching the possibility of teaching abroad. Most of what I found on the internet wasn't really what I was looking for and not to mention I would be going by myself and I would have to find my own housing. I almost gave up when everything seemed to fall into place.
A few weeks ago I felt it was finally time to find a second job. I got on the internet and started the search and ended up at the UV job board, which I never check. It just so happens that a career fair was taking place the next day. I went, I found what I wanted, left my information, got a call the next day and was able to ask questions, filled out an application the next day and turned it in, got a hold of all the references I needed including my bishop on his one day off and a week later had an interview.
At the beginning of this week I found out I was accepted to an amazing program that pays for my flight housing and basic needs plus salary! I have an appointment to go in tomorrow to fill out some paper work. I am soooo excited! I'm not sure when I'm leaving yet, possibly at the end of December or sometime in June either way I will be spending 6 months teaching and living in Taiwan!!

4 comments:

  1. that is so awesome and brave of you! i cant wait to hear your stories! you will be so good- congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That will be so awesome! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEATHER!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! I seriously almost started crying when I read this. You're going to have the best experiences! ooooooh I'm just so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete