It's been a while since I last posted and it is definitely time for an update. Two Sundays ago I had the chance to visit Chnaghua, which is about an hour south of where I live, but since we decided to go right after church it only took about 30 minutes. Why go to Changhua? To see the Giant Buddha of course! I was told this is one of the largest Buddhas is Asia. It was huge, like you can walk inside of it three stories huge. Inside there were diorama displays of events in the life of Buddha. I love learning about different religions so it was really interesting to read about it, thankfully it was in English.
What I didn't realize before going is that it wasn't just the giant Buddha that I would get to see,there was also a Confucianism temple, a koi pond with the fattest fish I have ever seen, and a great overlook of the city among many other things. The grounds of the temple were beautiful. The architecture was incredible, it's so different than European and American architecture. I love it! It was definitely worth the trip. Take a look.
Entrance
Statues like this lined the path all the way up.
L to R: Sara, Me, Kendra, Kaylee, Kylie, Veronica, and Sara

No comments:
Post a Comment