I love the temple! I love that no matter where you go the spirit is still the same.
July 23 I had the amazing opportunity to travel up to Taipei with my branch and attend the temple. It was a great experience, one which I am planning on repeating in the near future.
The Taipei temple is one of the smallest temples that I have been and it doesn't have much as far as the grounds go, but the feeling is the same and I am so grateful for that.
The distribution center is right next door and I was debating on buying a Book of Mormon is Chinese but decided instead on an hymn book in Chinese with the pinyin spelling so that I can actually attempt to pronounce the words. I am so excited! I am actually learning to sing "The Iron Rod" in Chinese right now. One of the Chinese wards that meets in our building invited us to sing with them at our stake conference in October. It is a great experience to interact with these wonderful people and I am so excited to sing in October.
Back to Taipei, after attending the temple and going to the distribution center we went and got some food while we waited for those going through a session and of course took lots of pictures at the temple.
Kylie, Sara, and Me
Then we headed off to Taipei 101. This is the second tallest building in the world, at least that is what I have been told. On the bottom levels is a gigantic shopping mall, and you can also go up to the very top. I chose not to go to the top on this trip but I still have a ton of fun walking around with some of the other girls.
There are so many things that I want to go see in Taipei and I was only able to get a small glance at it today. I am excited to come back and to see more. I don't want to miss a thing!

No comments:
Post a Comment