Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Three Months

I have officially been living in Taiwan for the past three months! I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone by. Since I have been living here school has been canceled once because of a typhoon warning, I have experienced some of the worst heat and humidity I have ever felt, I have seen far too many cockroaches, I  rescued an escaped turtle, I learned to ride a scooter and am now a proud renter, I have taken a trip to Kenting, I have been to numerous night markets, I have made cupcakes and peanut butter frosting from scratch, I have come to love my students, and so much more. In a nutshell, my life has been pretty great since I moved here.
Teaching has its ups and downs of course, but overall I really couldn't ask for more from this experience. I enjoy the classes that teach I have been truly blessed with the girls that I get to work and live with.
I haven't gotten to travel as much as I thought I would but the few trips I have been on have been amazing. I truly love the culture and the people here.

2 comments:

  1. This is soooo exciting! I'm so glad you are happy there. You are going to have so many adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you sound so happy. Keep us updated on her fun adventures. Love you!

    ReplyDelete