I seriously love this boy! I can't believe that he is almost done with his mission. We just got his release date, he comes home June 14! That is less than 4 months away! I am so excited to see him and I am even happier that my departure date for Taiwan is after he comes home.
I have missed Michael so much, he is one of my best friends. He has been such an example to me while he has been on his mission about working hard and living the gospel to live a happy life. I can tell that he loves the people of Samoa and truly wants them to come unto Christ. I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished.
There have been some scary times, like when tsunami hit a couple months after he arrived in Samoa, luckily I know that Lord has been with him and it helps that we were able to talk to him and hear that he was safe. I have loved being able to talk to him on Christmas and on Mother's Day, haha he even has an accent now! I love it. He has also given me valuable advice, some serious and some not so serious. When I was working at a day care center and was so frustrated that I literally would come home crying because the kids were so bad, Elder McKell said "just punch the little kids" not very practical advice but it made me laugh and helped me get through a tough time.
I may be a little jealous that he got to spend the last 2 years on an island paradise but I have loved the stories he has told my family and the pictures he has sent. I know that this mission has been a blessing, not only in his life but in my family's life as well. I am so grateful for missionaries around the world that are serving the Lord and spreading the gospel. It truly is a blessing. I am also grateful for both of my brothers and also my parents for their willingness to serve missions. I love missionaries, and I can't wait to see Elder McKell!


No comments:
Post a Comment