Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Riverwoods

 It was another good weekend. My "twin" brother Rob is always great to invite me to events that are going on in Provo but it seems like I always have plans when he calls.
This time when he called me I was ready and able to go.
Saturday night at the Riverwoods mall in Provo they were having their grand reopening after some major reconstruction. It is such a fun mall and I love the new look and the atmosphere it creates. They had street vendors and live performances going on all day.
We went for the live music and it was amazing!! Ficitonist, a local band, played and I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked their music and they were great performers too. Oh, and we may or may not have been front and center.
After Fictionist played they had a comedian come out and entertain us and Jimmer Fredette even made an appearance, and yes I did get a high five.
We ended the night listening to a memory from my elementary years...Sugar Ray. How Riverwoods got them to come I'm not sure but it was fantastic. It was strangely ridiculous how many of theirs songs I could sing along with after not listening to them in years. It was also my first experience of being pushed and completely smashed during a concert, apparently this is normal if you are in the front.  Oddly enough the pushing and being smashed didn't take away from my enjoyment of the performance.
 The night ended with fireworks. All in all a great night. I just love hanging out with my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment