Friday, April 29, 2011

Thoughts of Change

I have been thinking about change a lot lately, partly because I am waiting for the big change that I will be taking on at the end of June. I have to say that I am definitely ready for the change and to take on some new challenges.
I have been pretty frustrated recently and I think it is partly because I have had friends graduating and it reminded me that I graduated 2 years ago and have still not had the opportunity to use my degree. I am pretty much in the same position as I was 2 years ago. It seems like this is the pattern to my life. I have periods of accomplishment and progression, I take on new adventures and then.... I hit a lull. I don't move forward, or at least I don't feel like I do.
But I've come to realize that I need to not focus on those things that are frustrating me and to see the positive in my every day life. So, although I won't be leaving for Taiwan for almost another 2 months-which seems like an eternity away- I am going to start the change in my life now by appreciating the everyday and recording it (Re commitment to updating the blog, check). 
I want the change in my life to not only be my location in the world, because change comes from within oneself and not determined by where one lives right? So here's to the change. To appreciating life as it comes; it's ups and downs, it's unpredictability and it's daily routine. I am going to enjoy every minute of each day.  It would be silly to not enjoy the now because I am looking forward to what I'm going to do tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. heather i think you wrote this post for me! haha...that's just want a need to hear. so amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh. I love how you said, "I want the change in my life to not only be my location in the world, because change comes from within oneself and not determined by where one lives right?"

    That's one of my biggest pet peeves. Too many people think they have to move away to experience something new. Yes, it can do that, but change comes from within. Well said my dear. I love you!!! I'm excited for your fun adventures.

    ReplyDelete