I love Arches National Park, so when Lauren suggested that we go on a camping trip to Moab I was all for it. It couldn't be a long trip and the weather forecast wasn't in our favor but we didn't let that change our minds. Monday morning Lauren, Ashlee, Jacque, and I along with our friend Chris Alphin (a brave guy to willingly go on a camping trip with four girls) packed up our things in Lauren's car and headed out.
It was raining pretty much the entire car ride down there, so I was a little worried that our trip would be a little bit of a letdown but it ended up being very near perfect weather for hiking. The skies were clear when we drove in Arches and we set about seeing the sites. We went to a lot of the smaller arches and took our time to enjoy each one.
After sightseeing we had to decide where we were going to camp, being the great planners we are we did not pick a place or reserve a place anywhere beforehand. We knew it was a long shot but we decided to check out the campground in the park and see if there were any spots available. There was one spot available. The camp hosts had a little laugh about how much stuff we had for one night but it couldn't have worked out any better.
We definitely had an adventure with our food and the night was cold but we woke up the next day with the sun shining and we were ready to hike. We went to Landscape Arch first and then hiked to Delicate Arch. I have been to Arches plenty of times but I have never actually hiked up to Delicate Arch. It is absolutely beautiful. It is amazing that something like that was created naturally. The whole park was just an inspiration to me and a reminder of the existence of a loving Father in Heaven who loves me. All in all it was a wonderful trip.


No comments:
Post a Comment